Automation solutions for biological sample management and biobanking applications
A4 Sample-Store™ – Mid Size Automated Storage and Retrieval System
The RTS A4 Sample-StoreTM is a mid-size automated storage and retrieval system designed to offer the best combination of storage density, performance, sample integrity and system longevity.
Based on over 15 years experience supplying automated sample management solutions, and backed by lifetime support, the A4 is the ideal storage and retrieval system for drug discovery and biobanking applications, for organisations ranging from large pharma to biotechs, biobanks and academia.
A4 utilises industrial quality robotics, in combination with proven RTS d-SprintTM sample tracking & ordering software, to deliver high integrity automated sample management.
The A4 system is designed for reliable, unattended operation, enabling overnight runs of several thousands of tubes to picked without error. The d-SprintTM software is designed to facilitate rapid order turnaround times, ensuring that customer demands are met in a responsive manner.
A4 is a scaleable solution, that can be readily extended/expanded post installation without requiring samples to be removed from the store, or the temperature to be raised; this offers customers the ‘peace of mind’ that the system they buy today will meet their needs into the future.
Key Features of A4 Sample-StoreTM:
- Automated storage and retrieval for 350,000 to 1.5 million samples at temperatures down to -20°C
- Scalable storage capacities, extendable post installation without the need to disturb existing samples or raise the storage temperature
- Options for inert and low humidity environments
- Compatible with most industry standard labware
- Multi-format storage capability for tubes, plates or vials within the same system
- Industrial quality robotics for reliable operation and system longevity
- The most functional and usable automated storage system software, giving the fastest order turnaround in typical ordering scenarios
- A range of I/O solutions ranging from tray-based, through carousel stack-based, to fully integrated options
- Easily integrated into LIMS or corporate inventory systems